Saturday, February 21, 2015

Alaska Society for Technology in Education 2015 Conference

Some the ways to 'attend' a conference virtually. This weekend is the ASTE 2015 Conference with speakers Yong Zhao and Vicki Davis. A little thing like 4,125 miles isn't going to stop me from following the conference. Using the Dewey Decimal of the internet, in this case hashtag #ASTE2015, and a few tools will organize me for this weekend of learning and connecting. Using a hashtag follower like Twubs, I can easily followed everything posted using the hashtag. I could also use Tweetchat or Tagboard. Now the only thing I need is for the weather to cooperate and not knock out my internet connection, my power, my heat, or freeze the pipes again.
I previously put the conference hashtag into my Hootsuite dashboard, on a tab I keep just for current conferences. This way I am ready to retweet or respond to anyone using the hashtag. The beauty of a tag is that it catalogues the comment automatically - a virtual library that doesn't need vacuuming!

So if you are attending #ASTE2015 and take photos from the conference PLEASE tag them with the hashtag and upload them. Thanks! :) 
Make some connections this conference and have people asking you to have coffee with them in Alaska. They will be surprised when they find you are sipping coffee at home....

No comments: