Thursday, June 21, 2012

Coming of Age...................

I rewatched the Matt's Dancing videos, noting the progression from 'it's all about me' to 'the are other people here'.  In his last video, a move to 'it's all about you and I dance with you' shows the progression of the coming of age.
The third video brought me to tears, thinking of a young man who acts as if it is all about him.  He has gone off to find fame and fortune without a thought to those who raised him, not even a goodbye to the mother who bore him.  The first Matt video is where he is now.  I pray he will grow up swiftly, moving through the realization he shares life with others, to the realization that it is all about the other person -> you join their dance, you do life with them.
Hurry home.............






No comments: