Saturday, September 13, 2008

Connectivism

I am involved in learning through the Connectivism and Constructivism course. In the first Elluminate recording Stephen Downes and George Siemens talked about the private versus public personas.
It would seem the general consensus is the same as mine. I once expressed this - I am who I am. Stephen and George, of course, were much more eloquent.
The connectedness of our world today and this question are related. Because we are connected to networks, there can be no separation of personas. We are one being. (I do wish I had more hands sometimes....) not two separate people. The private person simply does not exist.

Photo courtesy of Fleep Tuque taken on 9-10-08 available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/7914892@N05/2846143774 covered under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 2.0 license

2 comments:

Terry Freedman said...

What could possibly be more eloquent than "I am who I am"?

Doug Dobbs said...

re: "We are one being." I would respectfully submit that there can be no connection without individuals. "Connection" looses it's meaning if there is no individuation, no boundary to connect across.

Besides, if we're all one being, why do I pay interest? :)

D.