Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Three C's

I've been harping on three things learners need to be able to do:

Connect, Communicate, Collaborate

I have spent a wonderful summer which is sadly almost finished. How? By first connecting with content, communicating with others during presentations about that content, and collaborating with others who were miles away. Granted the collaborations weren't that great. During the school year, one would find more concrete work with others. I'm focusing here on a process.
I want to share this process with the learners in my classrooms. I teach a Study Skills class. Our main goal is to enable success throughout academic careers. In order to do that I really believe these three C's are crucial. So I will really attempt to focus on them this school year. I want to enable learners to connect with other learners, communicate with those learners, and collaborate with those learners.

Photo courtesy of cobalt123 taken on February 7, 2007 available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/66606673@N00/429154325 covered under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 license.

No comments: