Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beginning anew...

I got this verse from Susan Phillips via Jeff Utecht's The Thinking Stick.

Risk more than others think is safe.
Care more than others think is wise.
Dream more than others think is practical.
Expect more than others think is possible.

Susan Phillips is a principal - an elementary principal! I just wish the entire faculty at my school would embrace the pedagogical shift let alone the admins. In all fairness, my principal (PreK-12) is forward looking (and calls me disruptive which we all know is too true). How many of us have risked, cared, dreamed, or expected this week and how many of us have these as our goals this school year?



Photo courtesy of VeVi taken on July 16, 2008 available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/23400852@N08/2699276272 covered by a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 license.

2 comments:

Darren Draper said...

As you know, "risk" is a four letter word when it comes to educational circles - especially when dealing with the public and particularly with their children.

Education is and always will be a large ship that requires time and great effort in order to implement change. Nonetheless, change does come - when it truly is for the greater good.

In the meantime, don't give up caring, dreaming and expecting. I know I won't.

dgoodman said...

Hi Durf, I have that verse as my signature on my email account at school. It says so much about and are my everyday goals.