Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Places I Will Go!

Today I followed a twitter from digitalmaverick to the MirandaNet unconference at the University of London in the U.K. He and some friends were broadcasting in Mogulus,for which I do not see archives, unlike ustream. This limits the usefulness of the technology.
I wasn't there long enough to do more than hear about cellphone restrictions in schools and order food (one track mind). But think about how the technology is allowing closer & faster communications between the connections that exist between colleagues. These lead to collaborations between connections that are far flung. Just like I could join many NECC sessions in another U.S. location, I can join other conferences on the other side of the pond or the other side of the globe.
If I can accomplish such feats, literally anyone can. Students can be included in all sorts of educational ventures.
This is the point of global projects like the Horizon Project. Are you connecting your students with global partners?


1 comment:

Anne said...

Don't you love Twitter for the networking and collaboration potential? I wonder about the power of getting our students to use twitter as a collaborative tool for global projects. I'm not sure that I'm brave enough to try it with my Year 9/10 students but I'd sure love to have a go.
BTW I love the clean design of your blog. Is it one that you have 'tweaked' ?