Friday, July 18, 2008

Catch A Wave...

This morning, I enjoyed a presentation by Darren Kuropatwa and Clarence Fisher at BLC08 entitled Everything New is Old Again or Living and Teaching in Accelerating Times which was an excellent session by two very talented young men. There was even an activity for taking a picture, emailing to a given address, and having it posted online in a flickr group. I don't own a fancy camera phone, so I located a photo, downloaded it, and emailed it as an attachment. I'm sure there are easier ways, I just need more coffee. My picture is the one of Bob Sprankle in his chair. Run your cursor over the pic to see what I wrote in the email subject line - this is the flickr group.
When that group ended, they said the keynote was next, so I started asking on twitter. I finally sent a great BLC08 streamer a twitter and she replied:
Lisa Thumann lthumann @durff I'm laughing we haven't left the last session yet - you've been to more sessions here than me :)

While it certainly isn't true that I have attended more sessions than Lisa, I have been surfing streams this week. Surfing streams of learning is one way to learning2.0, although not the only way . This week I have attended sessions at three conferences in three states. Where else but on the surf of learning could one attend BLC08, DEN LC Institute, & NJELITE. In Wildwood, the keynote given by David Pogue was streamed by Kevin Jarrett. At the DEN, I heard Steve Dembo's keynote, & at BLC I was in many sessions with the most information at this ning.


2 comments:

Cheryl Oakes said...

Durff, you are a model of the extreme 21st Century learner. You have the biggest most extensive personal network around. People know that they have made it when Durff is around. Can't wait to meet you f2f.
Cheryl

mrsdurff said...

So NOT true!