Friday, May 9, 2008

Are You Addicted?


Will Richardson talks about being addicted to learning. He spends 5 hours online. He is not addicted to the internet but to the learning, as I am. The learning opportunities are incredible. I was watching a ustream of four panelists in Sydney, Australia.

Think about how incredible that is.....I can watch a recording of a previously recorded conference that took place on the other side of the world. All of it is free. Learning is online, 24/7, free & addictive!

This morning my 7th graders connected via videoconference with learners in another state. They introduced themselves and learned a little bit about their team members. Teams will work together asynchronously to produce a simple artifact. Teams will choose topics within a given theme and then use a comic strip creator to create a strip about their topic. Teams are separated by a few miles and a time zone.

I know I have provided my learners with all the tools which they will need in order to be successful at this project. Mr. Jacklin and I are preparing these learners to be 21st century learners.

Technorati Tags:

Photo courtesy of Will Richardson, available at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/weblogg-ed-tv

2 comments:

Paul Bogush said...

I was just thinking about this addiction problem of mine. It is always a problem when everyone goes to sleep and leaves me awake. I hop on the computer and go and go. Friday and Saturday I was up until 2:00 am. It is not healthy for me--but I can't stop!

Fannah Heldman said...

I think I am a bit addicted...
Is that really such a bad thing? :)

I was on ustream, watching an Earth Day fair live in Thailand. It's amazing. Halfway around the world, in real time.