Monday, November 19, 2007

In honor of Carrie

Today after lunch in the midst of afternoon workshops I was informed that Carrie went home to be with our Lord. She taught art at my school. She had registered to be here, sharing a room with me. Dianna told me and held me while I cried.
We all gathered this evening for prayer and decided to remain, as she would have wanted that. She was all about doing your work as unto the Lord. She herself worked this month, all the while dieing of cancer.
I will dedicate my work to her tomorrow, knowing I will cry. I do miss her.
There will be no recording, podcast, or Ustream here. ACSI is recording all sessions and selling CDs. Maybe it's best people will not see my tears or hear the cracks in my voice. The convention participants do not have wireless. This is a lesson in how not to run a conference.
I was going to write something coherent, but Carrie's sooner than expected return home interrupted all that. It is what I had prayed He would do for her, knowing she was in discomfort and had lived to see her grandson born.
Please join me in saying a prayer for her family as they deal with this at Thanksgiving time. My tag generator is at the blogmeister home, which will be offline for a while receiving a respite from its creator.

3 comments:

Allanah said...

I am saddened to hear of your loss and the loss of those at your school and Carrie's family.

I the midst of life there can be such sadness.

Arohanui (Love and caring from New Zealand)

Allanah

.mrsdurff said...

Thank you, Allanah

ms. whatsit said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.