Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Why do I blog?

Those who created the EduBloggerWorld wiki ask this question. So why do I blog?
Blogging is an innovative way to extend my thinking, transforming the way I interact with everyone. I am empowered to leave some luggage behind me and to just think. Not being encumbered by those things that are heavy in the physical world, I can write and contemplate more freely. So what you say? Think of students. Consider those students who have been labeled and the difficulties that melt away when they enter the digital world. This is why.
Many of us return to school in the next weeks. How do you feel about that? If you find, like the coolcatteacher that you would rather be no where else, I would hazard a guess that you are in the right profession for you. I anticipate meeting students, many I have heard from over the summer as they continued blogging. I just now was IMing a previous student on Meebo. The evidence of intellectual growth in students keeps me blogging, extending myself and learning.
That may be a very poor answer. But that is why I blog.
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Rachel Boyd said...

Those are great reasons to keep blogging Durff.
I definitely think that blogging enables you to explore your thoughts and opinions on a deeper level and even better is the ability to clarify these when people leave their comments.
Great answer and keep up the blogging ;)

Scott McLeod said...

I'm officially awarding you the Fantastic Commenter award:

http://tinyurl.com/yvbz5k

Kudos!