Monday, August 6, 2007

Essential Aptitudes


Daniel Pink has admittedly some valid points. He names six essential aptitudes that digital era workers need in order to be competitive:
Design
Story
Symphony
Empathy
Play
Meaning
These aptitudes are so very different from the linear facts I was taught to memorize for the test in school. I feel unprepared to offer these skills to students, but if they are going to survive in the marketplace, then I must. Already, many corporate employers are requiring employees to maintain blogs, conference with global collaborators using a variety of conferencing software and design applications that reach the customer.
Makes me wonder which ones I am not facilitating learners to develop in my classroom. Do I have lessons interwoven into my curriculum that cultivate these ways of communicating? Are using the ISTE standards as my guideline going to include these aptitudes?
Technorati Tags:

No comments: