Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Grounded


I have just been grounded. From reading and reflecting on Will Richardson's post to formulating a reply, I felt well grounded. And then reality hit me square between the eyes. Why am I doing any of this, anyway? To jog my memory, a previous student IM'd me (I use Meebo to include all my IMS). That is why I am crashing down to earth right now. She reminded me, by just saying hi, the reason I do this. I do it for the kids, the digital natives. I do it to give them voice, to validate their lives, to connect, to develop relationship. She shared with me a song that says it better...

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Jeff VanDrimmelen said...

Thanks for sharing that video. It is too often that we forget. We get caught up into too much of the technology and not enough of the helping people out.

On a sidenote, I loved that video. They really shattered some views when they changed. That was great. I could see using that in a social class of some type! :-)

Simon said...

When the motivation is not the kids. That's probably the time to think about getting out. Doing something else....