Saturday, July 7, 2007

Defining Dreams

Angela Thomas of the University of Sydney said our dreams define us. She made this observation in her presentation to the 2007 NMC Summer Conference. If our dreams indeed define us, I am one strange character!
I dream of total tech integration in every classroom, PreK through 12th in my school. I dream of kids teaching me how to use the technology. I even dream of students doing all of their homework every time (I know, I'm hallucinating).
I dream of students who are excited about attending my class, who routinely use collaborative tools to work with others outside our school. I dream of an administration that uses their power to redesign the my school and empower the faculty, staff, & students to enter the global conversation successfully.
And I worry. Am I doing that which I should to speed that process or am I hindering? What should I be doing that I am not doing?
Technorati Tags:
Thomas, Angela (2007, June 7). 2007 NMC Summer Conference Program. Retrieved July 7, 2007, from nmc Web site: http://archive.nmc.org/events/2007summerconf/program.shtml

No comments: