Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Journey

I went to a high school graduation ceremony on Saturday. I had known the graduates for seven very long years! Their commencement speaker, Angelo Adams, spoke of the journey, and who we meet along the way, as being more important than the end product. He's right, as any educator can tell you, the process is always more important than the product. I'm sure the conference attendees reading this will agree with this statement. Those graduates are the future of collegiate education, with a 98% matriculation rate.
I also attended a retirement party on Saturday. Those educators, like me, represent the history of education. There won't be very many more retirement parties where we all can gather. This year may have been our last.
Both the future of education and the history of education in one day. Phew! Those reading this and listening to Dave represent the present state of education, though that is somewhat of a misnomer. There is really no present state, but we all are in a state of change - the flux capacitors (how do you spell that?) of education.
Enough of my drivel - listen to Dave....
Technorati Tags:

No comments: