Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fear

The fear of what could go wrong can’t stop me from doing what’s right...
Chris Lehman's interview with Steve Hargadon.
We have on our local radio program a young announcer who tries something new everyday and then reports to her audience. So in the spirit of novelty, pushing the envelope, and being a trailblazer (at least in the Four State area), I am going to try at least one new thing every week.
I already started this weekend. I have been starting a wiki for organising my summer tech courses. I read the program manager's instruction on the Horizon Report, copied Vicki's code, changed the search terms, and saved. When my page refreshed, my mouth dropped open! I didn't know it was that easy. (I excel at copy and paste skills)
So that is my something new for last week. This week - making a digital story. I will add sound to pics and upload. We'll see how it goes....
Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

Kelly Christopherson said...

Well, I will also accept this challenge. I new thing a week. Let the new things begin. I think I like your new thing from this post. Can I steal this too? No really! Will you blog about your new thing each week? That would be cool to see how many people would be interested in doing a New Thing Meme - could be a week or every two weeks or every month, whatever fits their lifestyle. Time to think of something new to try!

Durff said...

Sure you can steal. But I am not doing a meme. I hate those things. They annoy me and I blame them all on Dembo.
I haven't done the video yet....the holdiay intervened...

Vicki A. Davis said...

What an inspirational thought! BTW _ I love your new design, Lisa -- so very cool!!! (Oh, I might change mine again, I think?!!?!)

I love it and I think Kelly's thought is really cool to -- try something new and blog about it each week.

Durff said...

really sorry I missed you this morning - the laptop died. It was a full day, with graduation (I knew those kids for 7 years) and retirement celebrations (the faculty and I are aging too quickly!)