Friday, May 4, 2007

As for me and my house...

...we will respect others. We will seek the good in each one. We will pray for God's will to be done in their lives. My students and I pray that those bereaved and traumatised by the recent events at VA tech have been set upon a path towards healing as we continue to pray for everyone of them.
I almost made it. Observing blog silence this week in a sign of solidarity for those affected by events at VA tech has been difficult for me. I tend to be a rather verbose individual. I did not say eloquent. I said verbose. It's like the difference between a gourmet and a gourmand.
With only fifteen wake-ups left, I am struggling to fit in every morsel of web2.0 tools these students may need next year. My 7th graders are working on collaborative commercials. As can be expected some 'get it' and some don't. They will have a nice surprise, if they come to school, on the last day, thanks to Vicki Davis and Beth Ritter-Guth.
My English class has no idea what awaits them on the last Senior Day in school, if they come to class. Let's hope they do the homework the night before, which will tell them to bring those iPods (I am the only teacher who allows them ever, and then only during writing so far...I'm working on it....) I hope I can give these students a taste of years to come in their education.
The maths I don't know yet, so if anyone has a light bulb...oder dass funfzele ist raghaglt (that's really Swabish for ya!)
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Vicki A. Davis said...

Something else we share in common! My students are allowed to use ipods and cell phones and almost anything we can get our hands on that can be used for learning! No wonder your students love to learn and to write!

Durff said...

There are so many tools for cells phones! I show the high schools how to receive reminders on their cells to do my homework. It hasn't worked yet, but hope springs eternal!!