Friday, April 27, 2007

Discipline

Spiritual discipline contains several elements. Like those wrinkles - there is a lot sqooshed up inside a wrinkle. The discipline of prayer...the discipline of giving...disciplining the tongue...disciplining the mind...one gets the picture.
There is also digital discipline. While I won't go to movies and I won't own a t.v., I very much need to develop more digital discipline. It is easy to waste an entire day online, accomplishing nothing substantial. That is a luxury I reserve for vacations, I do need to better structure my online time to get more done.
Part of getting more done includes judicious use of RSS, calendars, audio-notes to colleagues, anything that saves me time. I need to discipline myself in order to open up more time for prayer, reading books, face-to-face relationships.
We are created for relationship by our creator. Digital tools are meant to be used so we could serve Him better, not be monopolised by the digital landscape.
Technorati Tags:

No comments: