Friday, March 9, 2007

Continuing the conversations...

That is what it is all about in the end. Did we extend ourselves, did we continue the conversation? Those students who have been commenting or contributing their thoughts or continuing the conversation in some way, have been earning extra credit this quarter.
Blogging is ultimately about the conversations we extend through the experience of blogging and about the relationships we develop with like-minded individuals. For example two of my students have a wonderful relationship because they are like-minded. I am finding an overwhelming majority of online teachers are Christian educators, and hence I find a commonality.
I'm starting to see a glimpse of the real thoughts of the upper-classmen. The middle-school students are gobbling this stuff up. But those more firmly entrenched in our traditional schools are having a more difficult time. I refuse to believe that these individuals are beyond grasp. After all, I wasn't, but that is another story. I recently have witnessed with pleasure one young lady awakening to homework. She is now surpassing many of her peers in that English class and I am overjoyed! But don't get me wrong, I don't think that she is awakening to any possibilities, I just think she wants a good grade.
Now if I could just get the technology right for podcasting....
Those first graders were awesome today. I will surely have my hands full when they get to high school!

No comments: