Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Monday, September 22, 2014
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014
- An RSS Reader
- Google Calendar/Toodledo
- An RSS Reader - I use Google Reader to read f0r professional development and to grade student work. For instance, I simply subscribe to student blogs, and their posts are delivered to my one page instead of me checking many pages.
- Meebo/Skype - I am accessible 24/7 to students via chat services like GoogleTalk, Messenger, Yahoo, AIM, & Skype chat. I get a lot of work done by conversing with other educators in group Skype chats & sometimes GoogleTalk.
- Google Calendar/Toodledo - I like to plan. Spontaneity drives me to the edge. With Google Calendar I can subscribe to other calendars like ETT, or The Fire Escape, Classroom2.0LIVE, & Worldbridges. I can choose to have my cell phone alert me 10 minutes before a scheduled event. With Toodledo, I can write down all those To-Do items that keep me awake at night and schedule them. I can add items from my browser too.
- Twitter - my Personal Learning Network lives on Twitter. Well, they really live all over the world in their homes, but they are on Twitter. If I need a quick reference or someone else needs a quick answer, Twitter is the place to be. When you are looking for project participants or announcing an event, Twitter is your source. The more people you follow, or follow you, the more effective this network becomes.
- Evernote - my quick bookmark. I have integrated Evernote with my browser. So when I find those merino wool socks I like I can note it with Evernote in my Shopping folder. Then when I have the inclination, I can find those socks and buy them easily. I use evernote for those bookmarks I don't want to share with everyone, like merino socks (which I love!).
- Instapaper - when I don't have time to read, listen, or watch something but I want to return to it without subscribing to the whole page content, I use Instapaper. This gives me a newspaper of my own making. I usually get to this on Sundays with my coffee ... reading the Sunday paper just like Dad .....
- Diigo/Delicious - I use these services to bookmark sources I don't mind sharing. I might bookmark things to use with 3rd grade podcasters, or 2nd grade scientists, or even someone else like EdTechWeekly. I have set up a Diigo for Study Skills for their biome projects, so I won't get the "We can't find any information on that biome". I welcome anyone to tag resources for the Study Skills biome project by tagging one resource to http://groups.diigo.com/group/study-skills
Photo courtesy of life serial covered under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/72731897@N00/4145134577
Posted by Lisa Durff at 2:40 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Sunday, September 14, 2014
Friday, September 12, 2014
Elite Concerts Under The Stars
The legendary music of Frank Sinatra, The Chairman of the Board, comes to Elite for a special Mini Concerts under the Stars edition with the Spectacular Sinatra Dancers. A two hour show of hand selected Sinatra jazz and big band tunes, filled with fun, excitement and only Under the Stars at Elite!
Posted by Lisa Durff at 8:39 PM